Borderlands 2 Forum

Old 10-23-2012, 03:42 AM
The Instigator

Sacridfire is on a distinguished road
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: Sacridfire694 PSN ID: Sacridfire Steam ID: Sacridfire Raptr ID: Sacridfire
Send a message via Skype™ to Sacridfire
Exclamation Graveyard.sav and how it is caused.

If you don't already know let this be your warning. The Graveyard.sav is a virus that will completely wipe your character save when you die. There is absolutely no way to recover your save if you are afflicted by this virus.

There are however a few ways to prevent the spread of this virus.
1. Do not mod any items.
2. Do not trade/dupe any items that have been modded or duped before as this is how the virus spreads.
3. If you do get affected by this virus and catch it before you die, an experienced modder may be able to fix it for you. *WARNING* You are potentially opening yourself up to more viruses/spyware by allowing somebody to mess with a file on your computer. I do not recommend doing this under any circumstance.

I understand that people are going to dupe/mod items regardless, but please do not spread them around or you risk affecting other players with this and potentially wiping their saves.

If you recently acquired a modded item from another member of the forum and were hit with graveyard.sav please report the player to a moderator so we can attempt to discover who is helping to spread them around and warn other players about them.

As of right now PS3 players aren't at risk but Xbox 360 and PC players are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to MorbidMobius for the sig.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:46 AM
Badass Member

Stormy31 is on a distinguished road
Gamer IDs:
PSN ID: Stormy31 Steam ID: Stormy31

That's what condoms are for bro

Borderlands 2 Platinum - 29.10.2012
Borderlands 1 Platinum - 17.11.2009

The Signature Maker On Borderlands 2 Forum
Maya: Level 10 Zero: Level 44 Salvador: Level 50 Axton: Level 17 Gaige: Level 36
Old 10-23-2012, 04:39 AM
The Instigator

Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: Sacridfire694 PSN ID: Sacridfire Steam ID: Sacridfire Raptr ID: Sacridfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy31 View Post
That's what condoms are for bro
She told me she was clean though...

Oh god I'm participating in this conversation. Does that make me a bad moderator?

Old 10-23-2012, 07:06 AM

Ktuck is on a distinguished road
Gamer IDs:
PSN ID: Ktuck21

I heard if you smoke after the affair it makes it all better, but i mean this is screwing over the people who are eventually going to ruin the game just like they did the first

Also thanks stormy for new signature, true bad arse
Old 10-23-2012, 02:22 PM

S W I M S is on a distinguished road
Gamer IDs:
PSN ID: StarskyHD

"As of right now PS3 players aren't at risk"

phew.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:04 PM

natethefiasco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by S W I M S View Post
"As of right now PS3 players aren't at risk"

phew.
PC for the win

phew.

sorry for the troll.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Legend of the Badlands

FearTheKick is on a distinguished road
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: DeadAlmighty

Here's what ChrisF, a Gearbox staff member, had to say about it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF
Recently a few users have begun violating the Xbox Live Code of Conduct by using an external application to maliciously disrupt the experience and sabotage characters of legitimate Borderlands 2 players on Xbox 360. Fortunately it’s easy to avoid this scenario.

While we work to resolve this as quickly as possible with our partners, concerned Xbox 360 players of Borderlands 2 should consider playing online with trusted individuals in non-public sessions. This does not affect players on PC or PlayStation 3.

We also advise that before ceasing play, users always select "Save and Quit" from within the pause menu while their character is alive. If after the death of their character players find themselves at the main menu of Borderlands 2 instead of respawning in-game, be sure to immediately select "Continue" to resume playing as that character.

We ask that players report any suspicious behavior in Borderlands 2 to spotted@gearboxsoftware.com and provide as much details and documentation of their disrupted experience as possible to assist us in our investigation.

|
|
|
Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 PM
The Instigator

Gamer IDs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheKick View Post
Here's what ChrisF, a Gearbox staff member, had to say about it:
Thats a bit outdated since it affects PC users now, but that about sum it up.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:07 PM

KSP-3R is on a distinguished road

D: Luckily i do have trusted friends to play with, btw, is it possible to save it from the virus via backup?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:15 PM
The Instigator

Gamer IDs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSP-3R View Post
D: Luckily i do have trusted friends to play with, btw, is it possible to save it from the virus via backup?
Yes, but only if the backup is from before you got the virus.

I'm also looking into how to fix the graveyard.sav before you die so I can share a guide with you guys.